Get trained in chemical risk management.
This course guides participants through the safe application, transportation and storage of chemicals, while meeting the requirements of State and Federal bodies.
Participants will learn how to:
- Determine the need for chemical use
- Identify the appropriate chemical
- Prepare for chemical use according to label and MSDS
- Identify conditions for safely applying chemicals
- List procedures for cleaning up following chemical application
- Record application details
- Determine how to transport and handle chemicals
- Identify how to store chemical safely
- Record storage details
- Read and interpret label and MSDS directions for safe transport, handling and storage
Upon completion, students will receive an AusChem accreditation.
Lower fees, local skills price
Full fee: $265.90
$150.00 for AusChem textbook
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2021
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information.