Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
In this workshop, participants will discover and explore Block Printing, one of the many varied applications of printing onto fabric or paper. Techniques covered include carving your own lino, rubber blocks and experimenting with alternative textured surfaces using the application of water-based substrate to print, diversifying patterns and layering. There will be discussion of composition, layering, colour mixing and placement as well as cleaning and maintaining blocks for multiple use.
- Dates: 10, 17 and 24 Sept (Fridays)
- Time: 5pm - 8pm
What to bring
- Your own apron
- Food if required (Lime Leaf Café is not open on Fridays)
- **Any organic fabrics of any colour you would like to explore - cotton, linen, cotton/poly, old sheets etc
- Any old organic clothing you would like to recycle or give it new life with your print
- A5, A4 or A3 visual Diary
- Come with an open mind to play and explore
** All additional fabric to be supplied by student. Once enrolled, lecturer will provide suggestions.
What to wear
- MUST wear covered shoes
- seasoned clothing - you may get stains on your clothes.
What TAFE will provide
- Calico/ test materials for exploration
- Cutting/carving tools and equipment
- 2 x product-ready hemmed textiles
- Substrates and inks for printing
- Guidance throughout the 3 sessions
- List of suppliers
- PPE – masks and gloves when needed