Lay the foundations for your future.
The Certificate I in Industrial Skills (Entry Level Training) has been designed to increase participants' skills levels in mathematics, employment application techniques and practical skills.
This qualification is an enabling course which will provide participants with the basic knowledge, communication and practical skills to progress into a higher qualification which may lead to the acquisition of the necessary skills, confidence and knowledge at entry level to work in a range of industries including the construction, horticulture, mining, civil construction, engineering and automotive industries.
This course is intended to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required for entry-level workforce participation including:
- Work readiness skills
- Practical skills relevant to a trades industry environment
- Knowledge to effectively communicate within a trades industry workforce
- Improved literacy and numeracy skills gained through practical application to tasks
The course provides participants with skills to enter the workforce or participate in further study.
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.