Turn the ocean into your office with a career in aquaculture.
The Certificate I in Seafood Industry represents the minimum requirements for an individual commencing a career as an aquaculturist. This course provides participants with an introduction into the aquaculture environment and some basic skills needed in this area of the seafood industry. It is an appropriate level for an individual undertaking work experience, or in a probationary period in employment.
This qualification is suitable for people working:
- On aquaculture farms or fishout/put-and-take operations
- In hatcheries and nurseries
- In live post-harvest holding facilities, such as processing plants, wholesalers or transporters
- In pet shops, public aquaria, zoos or other facilities with aquatic animals
- For companies providing contract specialist services for aquaculture operations
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.