Turn the ocean into your office with a career in aquaculture.
The Certificate I in Seafood Industry represents the minimum requirements for an individual commencing a career as an aquaculturist. This course provides participants with an introduction into the aquaculture environment and some basic skills needed in this area of the seafood industry. It is an appropriate level for an individual undertaking work experience, or in a probationary period in employment.
This qualification is suitable for people working:
- On aquaculture farms or fishout/put-and-take operations
- In hatcheries and nurseries
- In live post-harvest holding facilities, such as processing plants, wholesalers or transporters
- In pet shops, public aquaria, zoos or other facilities with aquatic animals
- For companies providing contract specialist services for aquaculture operations
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.