Are you passionate about cultural art?
The Certificate II in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Art will help students develop the basic art-making skills underpinning visual arts and craft practices.
Students will complete oral and written coursework and gain hands-on skills through independent and collaborative projects. Throughout the course, participants will work closely with the local Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community to establish a reference group and use local cultural knowledge necessary to achieve some units of competency.
After successfully completing this qualification, participants could progress into a number of positions including Aboriginal visual arts worker, community arts centre trainee, community arts workshop trainee or ceramics studio trainee.
- Aboriginal visual arts worker
- Community arts centre trainee
- Community arts workshop trainee
- Ceramics studio trainee
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.