Turn the ocean into your office with a career in the aquaculture industry.
The Certificate II in Aquaculture is an entry-level qualification, providing participants with a range of core and underpinning skills relevant to the aquaculture sector.
The course covers:
- Aquaculture and animal handling
- Team work and team management
- Biology and ecology
- Basic construction
- Seafood handling
Throughout this course, students will work with a number of aquatic species while monitoring water chemistry, maintaining holding systems, providing feed and other associated activities. Students will undertake basic maintenance and repair work on live holding systems and gain skills in the growth and maintenance of live food for aquaculture.
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills to work as a field hand within the aquaculture sector.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
- Field hand
- Nursery assistant
- Fish farm assistant
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.