Accelerate your career in the automotive industry!
The Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology is an entry-level qualification, providing participants with basic electrical and mechanical skills, and the ability to service a car. Throughout this course, participants will learn how to repair engines, transmission and suspension on light vehicles.
Participants will learn how to:
- Monitor environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- Meet workplace OHS requirements
- Identify basic automotive faults
- Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
- Service final drive assemblies
- Service final drive (driveline)
- Understand job roles and employment in the industry
This course is intended to prepare new employees for the industry, and to recognise and develop existing workers who are performing servicing and maintenance of vehicles in an automotive service or repair business.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
This course acts as a pathway into an automotive mechanical apprenticeship.
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.