Let's begin with the business basics.
Want a career in an office? Not sure if you have the skills?
The Certificate II in Business is a self-paced course designed for those without experience in the business sector, including school leavers and those looking for a new career or returning to the industry. Our lecturers can help you set up your email account and develop your word processing and Excel skills, as well as teaching you other essential knowledge to improve your chances of securing a career in business.
Successful completion of this course can lead into higher level qualifications and is also the foundation for many other industries.
Already employed in business? This course allows you to gain a nationally-accredited qualification while at work, recognising your capabilities while boosting your skills.
Other job titles may include:
- Administration assistant
- Data entry operator
- Office junior
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school