Lay the foundations for a career in the construction industry.
The Certificate II in Construction Pathways provides participants with the skills to undertake a range of manual labouring tasks on building and construction sites.
Participants will learn how to:
- Read plans
- Take measurements
- Undertake safe work practices
- Use relevant tools and equipment
- Prepare and concrete surfaces
- Prepare for various construction stages
- Communicate effectively
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Entry-level positions in the building and construction industry or pathway into a carpentry apprenticeship, mine worker or engineer (further study needed).
Please note: Students must be engaged in a training contract with an employer in order to undertake the Certificate III in Carpentry or Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery, which are apprenticeship-only courses.
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.