Want a taste of the commercial cookery industry?
The Certificate II in Kitchen Operations is an entry-level qualification, providing students with the basic food preparation and cookery skills required to work in a commercial kitchen.
Students will learn how to:
- Plan and prepare dishes using basic cooking methods
- Use effective communication
- Comply with workplace hygiene
- Adhere to occupational health and safety standards
This qualification can be completed as part of a traineeship and is a perfect stepping stone into the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, which is ideal for aspiring chefs.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
This course requires a mandatory work placement with an employer or participation in a 'live works' training area of the college. Prior to work placement with an employer or participating in a live works training area, you will need to be fully vaccinated, or you may not be able to successfully complete the course. For more information, visit our COVID-19 page.
Other job titles may include:
- Assistant cook
- Short order cook
- Apprentice/trainee cook
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.