Want a taste of the commercial cookery industry?
The Certificate II in Kitchen Operations is an entry-level qualification, providing students with the basic food preparation and cookery skills required to work in a commercial kitchen.
Students will learn how to:
- Plan and prepare dishes using basic cooking methods
- Use effective communication
- Comply with workplace hygiene
- Adhere to occupational health and safety standards
This qualification can be completed as part of a traineeship and is a perfect stepping stone into the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, which is ideal for aspiring chefs.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Assistant cook
- Short order cook
- Apprentice/trainee cook
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.