Prepare for work in the resources and infrastructure industries.
This course is a pathway qualification designed to prepare participants to successfully undertake a Certificate III from the resources and infrastructure industries training package. Participants will gain knowledge in routine tasks and procedures, practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- Conduct local risk control
- Follow work health and safety procedures
- Provide first aid
- Use hand and power tools
- Handle resources and infrastructure materials
- Communicate effectively within the workplace
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
- Civil construction general hand
- Construction labourer
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.