Build your future with a carpentry and joinery apprenticeship.
The Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery must be completed as part of an apprenticeship, and upon successful completion, allows participants to work as a qualified carpenter and joiner. Apprentices will learn through a combination of on-the-job training and block training at North Regional TAFE.
Throughout this course, participants will be trained to work on dwelling up to two-stories high. Participants will acquire skills that enable them to specialise in both carpentry and joinery required to construct residential dwellings.
Participants will learn how to:
- Use carpentry tools and equipment
- Read and interpret plans
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Carry out general demolition of minor structures
- Install flooring systems
- Construct wall and ceiling frames
- Erect roof trusses and construct pitched roofs and eaves
- Carry out simple concreting
- Follow OH&S procedures and requirements
- Work safely at heights
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.