Help shape the future of our young people.
Make a difference in childrens’ lives by learning how best to support their wellbeing, learning and development. This course is the nationally regulated entry level qualification for working in Early Childhood Education and Care settings.
Participants will learn how to implement the National Quality Framework, National Regulations and National Quality Standards to support the education and care of children from birth to school age. Participants will develop skills in facilitating children’s play, cultural competence, and creating healthy and safe environments.
As part of this qualification, participants will undertake 120 hours of supervised work placement where they will be able to apply the skills and knowledge learned throughout the course. A federal police clearance and Working with Children Check are required prior to placement.
Other job titles may include:
- Early childhood educator
- Outside school hours care assistant
- Playgroup supervisor
- Recreation assistant
- Family day care worker
- Childhood educator
- Mobile assistant
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school