Spark up a career as a licensed electrician.
The Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician must be completed as part of an apprenticeship, and upon successful completion, allows participants to work as a qualified electrician. Apprentices will learn through a combination of on-the-job employment and block training at North Regional TAFE.
This qualification provides participants with the underpinning skills and knowledge required to obtain an A Grade Electrical License, and subsequently undertake a career in the domestic and commercial building installation, fit out and maintenance service sector.
Participants will learn how to:
- Undertake electrical work and competency development activities
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities components
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Install low-voltage wiring and appliances
- Trouble-shoot and repair work
- Follow OH&S practices
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.