Spark up a career as a licensed electrician.
The Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician must be completed as part of an apprenticeship, and upon successful completion, allows participants to work as a qualified electrician. Apprentices will learn through a combination of on-the-job employment and block training at North Regional TAFE.
This qualification provides participants with the underpinning skills and knowledge required to obtain an A Grade Electrical License, and subsequently undertake a career in the domestic and commercial building installation, fit out and maintenance service sector.
Participants will learn how to:
- Undertake electrical work and competency development activities
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities components
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Install low-voltage wiring and appliances
- Trouble-shoot and repair work
- Follow OH&S practices
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.