Get qualified as a plant mechanic.
The Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade must be completed as part of an apprenticeship, and upon successful completion, allows participants to work as a qualified plant mechanic. Apprentices will learn through a combination of on-the-job employment and block training at North Regional TAFE.
Throughout this course, participants will be guided through the design, assembly, manufacture, installation, modification, testing, fault finding, commissioning, maintenance and service of all mechanical equipment, machinery, fluid power systems, stationary and mobile equipment, instruments, refrigeration, and the use of computer controlled machine tools.
Participants will learn how to perform some of the following tasks:
- Engineering measurements and computations
- Manual heating and thermal cutting
- Routine manual metal arc welding
- Routine gas metal arc welding
- Maintenance of machines and equipment
- Fault diagnosis
- Manual handling
- Handle a range of tools
- Dismantle, replace and assembly of engineering components
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.