Take the first step in your fitness career.
The Certificate III in Fitness provides participants with the skills to work as a fitness instructor, planning and conducting fitness programs and group exercise regimes. Participants will learn about the role of fitness instructors and gain an overview of work in the industry.
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific groups or individuals
- Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- Provide healthy eating information
- Maintain equipment for activities
- Analyse risks and respond to emergency situations
As part of this qualification, participants are required to undertake a supervised work placement where there will be able to apply the skills and knowledge learned.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.