Seeking a career that can take you places? The North West provides an exceptional setting for guide training at some of the most spectacular sites in the country.
The Certificate III in Guiding provides participants with the key skills to operate as a successful tour guide.
The course covers:
- First aid
- Customer service
- Guide work
- Hazard assessment
As a tour guide you may visit many stunning remote areas including waterfalls, Indigenous art sites, World Heritage areas such as Purnunlulu National Park (Bungle Bungles), Karijini National Park and the picturesque Kimberley Coast. Previous completion of the Kakadu and Uluru Guides Accreditations contribute towards this qualification - please speak to your lecturer during the enrolment process to discuss your options.
If you are looking for a way to incorporate your enthusiasm for travel into work, then the Certificate III in Guiding could open the door to a successful career that allows you to travel the world!
Are you currently working as a tour guide? This is your chance to get formal recognition of your skills.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Site guide
- Walking guide
- Drive guide
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.