Interested in a career in the heavy automotive industry?
Undertaken as part of an apprenticeship, this qualification enables participants to become a heavy diesel mechanic, servicing and repairing trucks, buses and earthmoving equipment in the automotive industry.
Throughout this course, participants will apply their practical skills, while gaining an understanding of how to inspect and service engines, test, use and maintain equipment, and diagnose and repair a range of mechanical problems.
This qualification is delivered in blocks, over a period of three years.
Please note: This qualification can only be obtained by fulfilling the obligations of an apprentice under a training contract, or a person seeking recognition of prior learning under s60I of the VET Act. For information on becoming an apprentice click here, for information on RPL click here.
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.