Plant the seed for a successful career.
Set yourself on a path towards a flourishing career in the horticulture industry with a Certificate III in Horticulture.
Participants will learn how to:
- Propagate and maintain nursery plants
- Install irrigation and food gardens
- Treat weeds, pests and diseases safely
- Use a range of horticultural equipment
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Parks assistant
- Assistant landscaper
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2021
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information.