Your master key to new places, new people and new culture!
Gain the skills to work effectively in the hospitality industry, while coaching junior staff on correct practices. Throughout this course, you will learn how to serve alcohol responsibly, provide a high level of food and beverage service, comply with food hygiene standards and provide suitable recommendations to customers. You will learn how to be a team player and serve food and beverage in a fun and open environment, supported by industry experts who share a passion for the world of hospitality.
You will also have the opportunity to specialise in a particular area of the hospitality industry, such as accommodation, administration, customer service, commercial cookery and catering, computer operations, finance, gaming or inventory.
Throughout this course, you will gain skills in:
- Food and beverage preparation
- Interacting with customers and providing educated recommendations
- Coaching others in job skills
- Food hygiene standards
- Working safely and effectively as part of a team
- Social and cultural sensitivity
- You have experience in the hospitality industry and are seeking to further develop your skills
- You are looking to multi-skill or specialise in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming
- You have a keen interest in the hospitality industry
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
|National ID||Unit title|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|National ID||Unit title|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITHCCC003||Prepare and present sandwiches|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB007||Serve food and beverage|
|SITHIND001||Use hygienic practice for hospitality service|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
|TLIE1005||Carry out basic workplace calculations|
This qualification prepares you for roles such as:
- Food and beverage attendant
- Front office assistant
- Function attendant/host
- Guest service agent
- Restaurant host
Job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.