Accelerate your career in the automotive industry!
The Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology allows participants to practice as a light vehicle mechanic. Participants will gain the skills to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles.
Participants will gain skills in:
- Electrical and mechanical fundamentals
- Engine, transmission and suspension repair
- Light vehicle servicing
- Testing and repair of electrical faults
- Diagnosing faults
This qualification develops existing workers and prepares new employees for work in the light vehicle servicing and repair industry. Participants can also study this qualification as part of a light vehicle mechanical apprenticeship at North Regional TAFE.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Please note: This qualification can only be obtained by fulfilling the obligations of an apprentice under a training contract, or a person seeking recognition of prior learning under s60I of the VET Act. For information on becoming an apprentice click here, for information on RPL click here.
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.