The music industry has a rich history in the North West providing a tool for expression, social and emotional well-being, and cultural identity.
The Certificate III in Music Industry provides students with an opportunity to enhance their musical performance and production abilities. This course can be studied face-to-face or completely online, from the comfort of your own home!
This course is suitable for participants who have mastered basic instrumental skills and are interested in building their career in the music industry. Students will develop their songwriting skills, master stagecraft and build their music business skills.
Throughout this course, students will:
- Develop their skills as a musician
- Build their performance craft
- Develop music industry skills
Students studying face-to-face will also:
- Build sound engineering skills in live and studio settings
- Write original songs
- Make a music demo recording of their original work
- Build their ensemble skills, working with fellow students to rehearse and perform music
- Create basic marketing material to kick-start their career
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
- Production technician
- Instrumental/vocal tutor
- Audio operator
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.