Seeking a career that can take you places? A qualification in the tourism industry could land you employment anywhere in the world!
Certificate III in Tourism will provide you with a gateway to working in the exciting and vibrant Tourism industry. Whether you are keen to be a Tour Guide extraordinaire or research information for visitors and make their bookings, we can help you to get there.
This is a face to face on campus course and your course completion will coincide with the start of our busy Tourist season in Broome. As well as attending face to face workshops you will also be required to do approximately 20 hours per week of self paced study in your own time. This may be reduced if you have had some work experience before and are familiar with some of the content.
If you are new to the workforce or require some additional help with using computers or reading and writing you may need to commit a little more time.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Image: Tourism WA
Other job titles may include:
- Booking agent
- Sales consultant
- Visitor Information Centre officer
- Travel advisor
- Museum attendant
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.