Seeking a career that can take you places? A qualification in the tourism industry could land you employment anywhere in the world!
The Certificate III in Tourism provides a pathway to work in a range of tourism industry sectors as a tour guide, tourism services coordinator, booking agent, sales consultant and much more. The majority of this course is self-paced via our online learning platform.
Students will work through the learning material and then complete the set tasks and activities outlined. Assessment is conducted by knowledge questions and practical tasks or projects. These may be assessed in the workplace or on campus through a real or simulated activity.
An essential part of this course is to undertake a work placement in the industry. If you are not already working in the industry, our lecturers can assist in finding you a work placement. The work placement chosen must meet the requirements of the course.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Image: Tourism WA
Other job titles may include:
- Booking agent
- Sales consultant
- Visitor Information Centre officer
- Travel advisor
- Museum attendant
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.