Support our young people to achieve a bright future.
The Certificate IV in Education Support enables participants to work as a teachers' aide in public, independent and community education settings. Upon successful completion, participants will be competent in aiding school teaching staff in the safe care and supervision of their class of students.
Participants will learn how to:
- Assist in the facilitation of student learning
- Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements within an education environment
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Facilitate learning for students with a disability
This course requires a mandatory work placement with an employer or participation in a 'live works' training area of the college. Prior to work placement with an employer or participating in a live works training area, you will need to be fully vaccinated, or you may not be able to successfully complete the course. For more information, visit our COVID-19 page.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.