Take the next step in your fitness journey. Become a personal trainer.
The Certificate IV in Fitness enables participants to work as a qualified personal trainer. Upon successful completion, participants will have specialist skills to train individual or groups of clients on a one-on-one or group basis to improve health-related components of fitness.
Participants will learn how to:
- Plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training
- Provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff
- Deal with unpredictable situations applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and relevant organisation
- Monitor and manage business activities in order to operate efficiently and profitably
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces.
As part of this qualification, participants are required to undertake a supervised work placement where they will be able to apply the skills and knowledge learned.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.