Take the next step in your fitness journey. Become a personal trainer.
The Certificate IV in Fitness enables participants to work as a qualified personal trainer. Upon successful completion, participants will have specialist skills to train individual or groups of clients on a one-on-one or group basis to improve health-related components of fitness.
Participants will learn how to:
- Plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training
- Provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff
- Deal with unpredictable situations applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and relevant organisation
- Monitor and manage business activities in order to operate efficiently and profitably
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces.
As part of this qualification, participants are required to undertake a supervised work placement where they will be able to apply the skills and knowledge learned.
- Personal trainer
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.