Ready to progress your career at sea?
The Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Master Up To 35 Metres Near Coastal) entitles certificate holders to:
- Master on commercial vessels up to 35 metres long within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ)
- Mate on vessels up to 80 metres long in inshore waters
This qualification is delivered in skill sets, enabling flexibility for students and the ability to articulate across qualifications.
To attain this qualification, participants will need to complete the following skill sets:
- Confined Space
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
Participants will require the following text:
- Australian Boating Manual
Upon completion of a maritime qualification, participants must complete an AMSA mandated practical assessment - Coxswain AMPA. The National Standard for Commercial Vessels Part D - Crew Competencies requires that a seafarer pass a final assessment prior to the issue of a certificate of competency. For more information, please click here.
- Master a vessel up to 35 metres in length (EZZ)
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.