The music industry has a rich history in the North West providing a tool for expression, social and emotional well-being, and cultural identity.
The Certificate IV in Music Industry assists students to further develop their skills and knowledge in music performance and composition. This course is suitable for participants who already possess instrumental and/or vocal skills and are interested in building their career in the music industry.
Throughout this course, participants will build industry knowledge, develop a career plan and arrange marketing and public relations material to assist in building a positive reputation in the industry.
Throughout this course, students will:
- Further develop their skills as a musician
- Build upon their performance craft
- Build ensemble skills
- Enhance their music industry skills, including developing marketing material
- Develop and improve their sound engineering skills in live and studio settings
- Build upon their songwriting craft
- Record their work
- Plan a career in the music industry
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
- Production technician
- Instrumental/vocal tutor
- Audio operator
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.