Start kicking goals with a qualification in sport and recreation.
The Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation enables participants to work in the sport and recreation industry in an administrative or organisational capacity. These individuals are able to plan, conduct and evaluate activities of others, deal with unpredictable and non-routine situations and provide leadership and guidance to staff.
Participants will learn how to:
- Conduct sport, fitness and recreation events
- Address client needs
- Develop and review budgets for activities and projects
- Analyse participation patterns
- Coordinate work teams and groups
- Recruit, select and induct new staff
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Provide first aid
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of sport and recreation locations such as fitness centres, sporting grounds or complexs, leisure and aquatic centres and community recreation centres or sporting organisations and associations.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.