Start kicking goals with a qualification in sport and recreation.
The Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation enables participants to work in the sport and recreation industry in an administrative or organisational capacity. These individuals are able to plan, conduct and evaluate activities of others, deal with unpredictable and non-routine situations and provide leadership and guidance to staff.
Participants will learn how to:
- Conduct sport, fitness and recreation events
- Address client needs
- Develop and review budgets for activities and projects
- Analyse participation patterns
- Coordinate work teams and groups
- Recruit, select and induct new staff
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Provide first aid
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of sport and recreation locations such as fitness centres, sporting grounds or complexs, leisure and aquatic centres and community recreation centres or sporting organisations and associations.
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus