The art industry is significant in the North West of Australia with its vibrant festivals, exhibitions and cultural celebrations.
The Certificate IV in Visual Arts is suitable for participants at a pre-professional level, who are beginning to develop their own artistic voice through research and creation. Participants will produce work that shows proficiency with techniques in their chosen art form, while applying solutions to a range of unpredictable problems.
Students will develop broad and integrated factual, technical and theoretical knowledge with cognitive skills that allow them to analyse, compare and act on information from a range of sources.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Craft studio assistant
- Glass artist
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.