Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This Skill Set is a fundamental component of both the Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 near Coastal) and Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1) qualifications.
This course covers all of the necessary points to safely operate and manoeuvre a vessel to 12m in length following domestic regulations.
This course is rigorous and students will learn to:
- Apply regulations, laws and codes of conduct required to operate a commercial vessel
- Handle and manoeuvre a vessel in varying conditions and emergencies
- Tow and be towed safely
- Secure a vessel and apply ropes and knots to different situations
- Understand and maintain different propulsion systems and their application
- Check the condition and seaworthiness of a vessel and identify engine faults
The final day of the course will consist of the Coxswain Environmental Practice Skill Set as applicable to the Coxswain Grade 2, Coxswain Grade 1 and MED II qualifications.