Seeking a career that can take you places? A qualification in the tourism industry could land you employment anywhere in the world!
Completing a Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management provides participants with an opportunity to take their career or own business to the next level. Participants will learn how to manage staff, finances and develop their business skills to become leaders in the industry.
Throughout this course, participants will:
- Discover more about the laws and legislation relating to the tourism industry
- Broaden their knowledge surrounding the major tourism regions of Australia
- Learn how to provide customer service that makes clients want to return and spread positive word of mouth
- Develop and manage service procedures to evaluate where business improvements can be made
- Gain insights into developing strong business relationships and negotiation techniques
- Learn how to effectively manage staff
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Tourism officer
- Operations manager
- Visitor Information Centre manager
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.