Are you an enrolled nurse looking to upskill in administering and monitoring intravenous (IV) therapy?
Master the skills required to administer and monitor medications and intravenous (IV) therapy, including how to:
- Calculate dosage requirements
- Interpret written instructions from an authorised prescriber
- Assess a patient for medication effectiveness and side effects
- Respond to an allergic pharmacological reaction
This course is suitable for Enrolled Nurses who have a current registration with NMBA and who are currently working in an acute clinical environment. Participants will use their existing skills, knowledge and experience in relation to administration and monitoring of medicines to achieve Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Students will be required to complete:
- Weekly two-hour online live tutorial
- Three-hour online live tutorial per module
- 20 hours per week of self-paced study
- One week of on-campus simulation training
- On-the-job practical skills assessment