Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This two day skill set provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to use a VHF marine radio correctly.
This course is a mandatory requirement of the Coxswain Grade 1 and Coxswain Grade 2 qualifications (where a vessel has a VHF Radio onboard). This certificate is also required for those recreational vessel operators who have a VHF radio onboard.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Short-Range Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP) License issued by ACMA.
Students will learn about:
- VHF radios
- Different stations and frequencies required for communication
- Operating procedures for routine, distress, urgency and safety communications
- Marine DSC techniques and procedures, public correspondences, Seaphone and
- Search and Rescue in Australia
- Marine radio equipment basic trouble shooting and maintenance
Students are required to purchase book AMCMARINE Marine Radio Operator’s Handbook Maritime 2013 AMC Marine 21.