The Master 24 Navigation Watch Keeping Skill Set is an intensive five-day course and is mandatory for the Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 Metres near Coastal) qualification.
Participants will learn how to:
- Maintain a bridge watch whilst anchored and at sea
- Respond to emergency situations
- Manage crew on watch
- Plan, navigate and execute a passage in a range of weather and tides
- Set up and use a wide range of wheelhouse equipment including radar, ECS, ECDIS, AIS, DGPS and GPS, sounders, and more
- Maintain navigational records
Participants will work on a detailed scenario for a simulated vessel ‘Master Class’ and run the vessel through a scenario on our worldclass full mission, full bridge maritime simulator. This simulation is state of the art and we are confident that you will not find any better training for this skill set anywhere in Australia.