State ID: IAD36
-- OR --
The Master 24 Seamanship Skill Set is an intensive five day course and is a mandatory skill set for the Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal) qualification.
Participants will learn how to:
- Ensure that the vessel maintains survey
- Apply regulations to vessel maintenance and maintain necessary records
- Successfully work with crew to achieve goals
- Ensure environmental standards are being met
- Manoeuvre a vessel up to 24 metres in a range of different conditions and in emergencies
- Apply seamanship skills including using and maintaining ropes and wires, operating lifting gear, securing a vessel, checking the seaworthiness and stability of a vessel, securing stores and loads, and overseeing refuelling operations.