Have experience but need to brush up on your skills? Refresh your knowledge of traffic management processes, safety management procedures and WA road laws.
This 1 day refresher course will cover:
- Traffic control using a stop-slow bat
- Installing road safety signs and standard equipment in accordance with relevant government legislation
- Working safely when setting up traffic control equipment and directing traffic around road works
This course is appropriate for construction site and local council works.
When enrolling, all participants are required to present proof of indentification, proof they have held a drivers licence for a minimum of 12 months within the past five years, and a current White Card.
All applicants must submit the following documents to NR TAFE at least two weeks prior to the course start:
- Original certificate of accreditation/license
- Evidence of statement of attainment or USI transcript
- Details of Traffic management performed in the last 12 months on three different sites including date, site location, description of works, contractor, supervisors name and contact details.
- Copy of a completed SWMS/JHA you have signed onto
- Copies of a risk assessment/pre-start you have signed onto or a daily diary of a worksite you have implemented.
All of these documents are required to be verified by the assessor prior to the course including phone calls to verify that the candidates have performed on the sites they have documented. If the assessor is unable to verify this information then you will be required to complete the full course.
Delivery locations and study options
Kununurra Campus - 25 July, 2022
|When||25 July, 2022|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.