Learn how to safely perform basic rigging.
The Basic Rigging Skill Set is a 5 day course that provides the knowledge and skills required to safely perform basic rigging work.
Riggers use mechanical load shifting equipment and associated gear to move, place or secure loads, including plant, equipment or members of a structure. Riggers ensure the stability of those members and set up and dismantle hoists.
This course applies to rigging work involving:
- structural steel erection
- pre-cast concrete members of a structure
- safety nets and static lines
- mast climbing work platforms
- perimeter safety screens and shutters
- cantilevered crane loading platforms.
The unit of competency covered in this course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
CPCCLRG3001 Licence to perform rigging basic level
You will need to have the following PPE at a minimum when conducting the practical assessments:
- Hi-Vis Long sleeve shirt
- Long Pants
- Steel Cap Boots
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
|Tuition fee*||Resource fee
|Incidental fee||Total fee|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.