This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to safely perform basic rigging work.
Riggers use mechanical load shifting equipment and associated gear to move, place or secure loads, including plant, equipment or members of a structure. Riggers ensure the stability of those members and set up and dismantle hoists.
This unit applies to rigging work involving:
- structural steel erection
- pre-cast concrete members of a structure
- safety nets and static lines
- mast climbing work platforms
- perimeter safety screens and shutters
- cantilevered crane loading platforms.
The unit of competency covered in this course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Pre-requisite Unit: CPCCLDG3001 Licence to perform dogging
Delivery locations and study options
Pundulmurra Campus - 5 - 9 September, 2022
|When||5 - 9 September, 2022|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.