Jobs and Skill Centres service the North West region and our communities by supporting industry, employers and job seeker clients as a one-stop shop for facilitating job opportunity, careers information and development of vocational skills.
The four Jobs and Skills Centres in this region are located at North Regional TAFE's Kununurra, Broome, Pundulmurra (South Hedland) and Karratha TAFE campuses, with outreach services available in other areas including Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Halls Creek, Roebourne and Newman.
Jobs and Skills Centre staff offer free professional and practical advice on training and employment for both individuals and businesses. The service also includes an online jobs board to connect jobseekers with employment opportunities and to help employers attract and recruit employees. For more information about the services available at these centres and information about outreach services. please click here(opens in a new tab) .
The Jobs and Skills Centre (JSC) assists Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. The JSC can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please take a look at the Aboriginal Training Services section of this website.
The JSC provides free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. The JSC can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
The JSC provides the following services to employers and businesses:
- assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- workforce development advice
- advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- information on training and/or courses
- resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you, please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.