NR TAFE Scholarship Program
NR TAFE is committed to providing access to education and training across the North West.
A range of scholarships are available to assist current and prospective students with the cost of fees and study related expenses.
NR TAFE's Scholarship Program provides opportunities for Kimberley and Pilbara residents to progress their career aspirations in a range of eligible industry areas.
Each Scholarship and Award has been designed to create opportunities for a better future through education and training, and are awarded to prospective students who can demonstrate educational disadvantage and financial hardship.
If you would like to learn more about scholarship opportunities at NR TAFE, please email Scholarships@nrtafe.wa.edu.au or call 1300 996 573.
Rio Tinto Early Childhood Education and Care Scholarship
Applications for 2022 now open
Rio Tinto in collaboration with NR TAFE will be offering scholarships to students undertaking the following qualifications at NR TAFE:
- CHC30121 Certificate III of Early Childhood Education and Care - 10 or more scholarship places offered per year
- CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care - 10 or more scholarship places offered per year
Please note: the Certificate III qualification is a pre-requisite for entry into the Diploma.
Am I eligible?
- Students applying for the Scholarship will need to provide proof of residential address in the City of Karratha, Shire of Ashburton or the Town of Port Hedland
- Students must be eligible for government subsidised training through being an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or Temporary Visa holder eligible for government funded training (please refer to the Visa Subclass Guide(opens in a new tab) )
- Students must be undertaking CHC30121 Certificate III of Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Students need to be willing to meet the COVID -19 vaccination requirements for the childcare industry in order to undertake the practical component of CHC30121 Certificate III of Early Childhood Education and Care and CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Please note the vaccination requirements for the childcare industry may alter over the duration of your enrolment
How do I apply?
- Complete the scholarship application form (326 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
- Email your completed application form and proof of residential address to firstname.lastname@example.org or;
- Submit your completed application form and proof of residential address in person to your nearest Client Services reception
- A scholarship working committee will assess your application and advise you of the result
- Confirms they intend to gain employment or remain employed at an Early Childhood Education and Care provider within the City of Karratha, Shire of Ashburton or the Town of Port Hedland
- Confirms they meet the eligibility criteria for the “Early Childhood” Scholarship program.
- Agrees to abide by the decisions of the Selection Committee and understands that no appeals will be entered into.
- Is aware that unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who withdraws from their course will have their scholarship cancelled.
- Gives permission for their photographs, profiles and training details to be used for promotional purposes by NR TAFE and Rio Tinto.