Build a career conserving our natural environment.
Would you like to pursue a career in the great outdoors? This entry-level qualification provides you with first-hand experience in the conservation and ecosystem management industry.
Throughout this course, you will learn about natural area conservation, ecological restoration, nursery work, machinery operation and maintenance, safe work practices and basic chemical safety. You will complete written assignments and work in teams to undertake programs that assist in maintaining the natural environment.
Throughout this course, you will gain skills in:
- Nursery work
- Ecological restoration
- Routine maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Safe work practices
- Basic chemical safety
- You enjoy working in a hands-on outdoors environment
- You wish to explore a career in the conservation and ecosystem management
- You are seeking entry-level employment in the conservation and ecosystem management industry
You must supply your own personal protective equipment, including safety boots, long pants, long shirt and a wide-brimmed hat. You will be supplied with ear and eye protection, gloves and sunscreen.
Entry-level positions in the conservation and ecosystem management industry, in businesses such as Shire parks and gardens, retail and production nurseries, mining companies, ranger groups and recreational facilities.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.