Accelerate your career in the automotive industry!
Want to tread a new path in your career?
This qualification is perfect those who are interested or already working in the automotive retail, service and repair industry. Current workers and mechanics can enhance their business by adding to their skills in tyre technology.
Successful completion of this qualification will provide you with skills and knowledge to perform a range of tasks related to the servicing of tyres in an automotive or repair business including light and heavy vehicles, agricultural vehicles and equipment, and earth moving and off-the-road vehicles.
Undertaking a combination of classroom and workshop training and self-paced study, topics will be themed around following safe work practices, customer service and communication, identifying faults and troubleshooting processes, and how to use and maintain workshop tools and equipment. You'll learn about removing, inspecting, repairing, selecting, fitting and selling a range of tyres for different vehicles.
After completing the Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology you'll also be able to apply for a Motor Trade Association of Western Australia (MTAWA) repairers’ certificate in tyre servicing.
Throughout this course, you will gain hands on skills in:
- Workplace safety fundamentals
- Communication skills and customer service
- Use and maintain basic tools and equipment
- Basic automotive fault
- Basic tyres and tube repairs for light or heavy vehicles
- Basic wheels and tyres assemblies and balancing
- Batteries inspections, test and service
- Steering and suspension systems service
You are entering into a traineeship, have an interest in or some experience in the automotive industry and want to develop and practice skills in the workplace.
You like to work on the job and get hands on skills through classroom and workshop training.
There are no entry requirements, however, this qualification is suitable for traineeships.
Job opportunities include:
- Automotive Light Vehicle Tyre Fitter
- Automotive Agricultural Equipment Tyre Fitter
- Automotive Heavy Vehicle Tyre Fitter
- Tyre Fitter and Repairer
This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Ready to progress your study journey? This qualification pathways into other specialised automotive qualifications(opens in a new tab) including automotive servicing, light and heavy vehicle, and air-conditioning technology.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.