Plant the seed for a successful career.
The Certificate II in Horticulture is an entry-level qualification, allowing participants to gain an insight into the horticulture industry.
Participants will develop skills and knowledge in caring for nursery plants and food gardens, treating weeds and using horticulture equipment.
This qualification underpins a range of work functions and job roles that can lead to a job in the horticultural and land management industries.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
- Workplace health and safety processes.
- Irrigation installation and operation.
- Plant propagation, potting up, planting, soil sampling and plant recognition.
- Plant pests and diseases.
- Treating weeds and applying chemicals.
- Chainsaw and machinery operation.
- Nursery work
- Enjoy working outside and being in nature
- You are fit and enjoy manual labour and physical work
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.