Make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Develop the skills to care for those within the aged care, disability, or home and community care sector. Students who undertake this qualification can choose to specialise in one of these three streams.
Training is focussed on empowering and equipping students with the knowledge and competencies required of community workers to deliver individualised support to people who may require assistance due to ageing, disability or other reasons, both in community or residential settings. Students will be taught how to use discretion and judgement when providing this support and to take ownership of tasks and outcomes.
Experienced lecturers will provide participants with a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as expand on the theories behind the concepts and practices of person-centred support.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Home care worker
- Accommodation support worker
- Community care worker
- In-home respite worker
- Support worker
- Nursing assistant
- Residential care officer
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school