Become a leader in natural conservation.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? This qualification prepares you for management and/or supervisory roles within the Conservation and Ecosystem Management industry.
This course covers practical skills in planning, implementing, costing and budgeting for conservation projects. Throughout this course you will learn about land and sea management, ecological restoration, revegetation and monitoring diversity, map production and wildfire management. You will undertake written assignments and work in teams to complete a range of programs on country.
Throughout this course, you will gain skills in:
- Conducting site inspections for ecological restoration
- Maintaining work health and safety processes
- Reporting on and costing projects
- Producing maps for land management
- Land and sea management including protection of places with cultural significance
- Ecological restoration, revegetation and monitoring biodiversity
- Supervising ecological works including planning and conducting laboratory/field work
- Responding to and suppressing wildfires
- You are a senior ranger already employed in or working towards a supervisory position
- You have already completed a Certificate III in Conservation and Ecosystem Management and wish to further your skills in the industry
- You have completed a relevant tertiary qualification and are seeking further practical skills and knowledge in the field
- You must already be employed in the Conservation and Ecosystem Management industry
- Hold a current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Reasonable physical ability to change 4WD tyres, perform minor vehicle maintenance and operate under exposure to extreme conditions such as heat from fire
- Have access to a 4WD (workplace or personal) for training purposes
- If you are undertaking wildfire units, you must pass the DBCA Fire Fitness Standards 2018
This qualification prepares you for roles such as:
- Conservation worker
- Supervisory/management roles within the Conservation and Ecosystem Management industry
Job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Diploma of Conservation and Ecosystem Management (external)
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.