IT is constantly evolving with the advance of modern technology. Stay ahead of the game with a nationally recognised qualification!
Progress your career in the rapidly growing information communications technology (ICT) industry through a Certificate IV in Information Technology.
This qualification has been tailored to reflect the needs of the ICT networking support workforce. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be competent in a wide range of general information and ICT technical functions. Participants will be able to develop, rectify and manage computer networks as required by their organisation, as well as liaise with third-party ICT service providers.
Information technology has the opportunity for both generalist and specialist information technology workers. Completion of this qualification allows learners to choose their area. It also opens up a range of further study options, including specialist certificates and higher level qualifications
This course covers:
• ICT legislation and policy requirements
• Diagnosing client business requirements
• Installing and managing servers
• Building and maintaining computer equipment and networking systems
• Managing networks and data integrity
• Building security into VPNs
• Virtualisation and virtual server administration
- database development: interpreting specifications, technical designs and flow charts, modifying software applications, constructing technical specifications from models and testing, and writing technical documents
- database maintenance: managing, cleaning, storing and verifying organisational data, and evaluating compliance with internal and external data ethics regulations and legislation
- gaming development: creating 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- networking: installing, configuring and testing networks and servers in organisations
- programming: building, testing and applying basic object-oriented language skills, user interfaces and software developments
- systems administration support: implementing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- web development: designing website layouts through textual and visual content transfer, search engine optimisation and simple markup language documents.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.