Do you have what it takes to train the next generation of professionals in your industry of expertise?
This qualification provides you with the opportunity to work as a lecturer, trainer or mentor, passing your skills onto the next wave of aspiring industry professionals.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to design, contextualise and facilitate training to suit individual and organisational needs, while meeting industry and quality standards. Training is focused on the facilitation of learning, and maintaining and enhancing professional practice through competence-based assessment that fits within a national framework.
You will learn how to design and develop learning programs and assessment tools, deliver training packages and accredited courses, and assess participant competence. This course is delivered over three workshops, and all must be completed to receive the full qualification. See course structure below for more information.
Throughout this course, you will gain skills in:
- Designing and developing learning programs and assessment tools
- Delivering training packages and accredited courses
- Planning, organising and facilitating individual, group-based and workplace learning
- Planning and assessing participant competence
- Delivering presentations
- You have vocational competency in one or more relevant industries
- You are passionate about passing your skills on to the next generation of professionals
This course is delivered over three workshops, and all must be completed to receive the full qualification. It is recommended that the workshops are completed in sequence.
Workshop 1: learning design
Designing learning programs to deliver qualifications and/or units of competency
Workshop 2: delivery and facilitation
Delivering training to groups and individuals, supporting facilitation of learning, transfer of knowledge and learning needs
Workshop 3: assessment
Assessment processes and tool design, validation of assessment tools, and conducting assessment.
This course will be delivered using a flipped learning methodology. It will consist of a blend of self-paced, asynchronous learning, synchronous online learning, and face-to-face workshops. In addition to the workshops, you are required to complete a further 150-200 hours of self-study and assessment.
This qualification has been designed to cater to your individual work commitments, providing sufficient time to trial, evaluate and improve on the knowledge and skills being developed.
Do you hold the previous TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification? We offer gap training to enable you to upgrade to the current TAE40116 package and meet the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. Talk to us about completing the additional two units and/or applying for Recognition of Prior Learning.
- You must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area
- A sufficient level of written and oral communication skills, at a minimum of year 10 English level
- Computer literacy, including the ability to utilise the Microsoft Office suite to create professional documents and conduct internet research
- Assess to stable internet, a computer, printer and scanner
You are required to complete an LLN Assessment to ascertain the level of support needed throughout your studies. Please submit your completed form to here.(opens in a new tab)
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.