Do you have what it takes to train the next generation of professionals in your industry of expertise?
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides participants with the opportunity to work as a lecturer, trainer or mentor in their area of specialty. This qualification provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to facilitate learning and maintain and enhance professional practice through competency-based assessment in a range of settings.
Participants will learn how to design and develop learning programs and resources to support delivery. Participants will also learn how to plan and organise assessment, design and develop assessment tools and assess competency in a vocational, training and education environment.
This qualification is delivered in three workshops, and all must be completed to receive the full qualification
Our blocks of delivery cover three areas:
- Designing learning programs to deliver qualifications and/or units of competency
- Delivering training to groups and individuals, supporting facilitation of learning, transfer of knowledge and learning needs
- Assessment processes and tool design, validation of assessment tools, and conducting assessment.
Our delivery model supports participants to achieve the qualification while managing work and home commitments. Once qualified, participants will be able to confidently design, contextualise and facilitate training to suit organisational needs, while meeting industry and quality standards.
The TAE40116 is the current version and replaces the previous qualification coded TAE40110. We offer gap training if you already hold the TAE40110 but need to complete two additional units to meet the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. Alternatively to update your qualification from TAE40110 to TAE40116 we offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or training to achieve the additional units.
Please note: Participants are required to have vocational competency in an industry area prior to enrolling in this course.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group based learning
TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace individual assessment
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 Assess competence
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
5 days, 8.30am - 4.30pm
- 14 - 18 June - Engineering classroom
5 days, 8.30am - 4.30pm
- 2 - 6 August
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.