Be confident in your abilities with gas testing, confined spaces and working at heights!
In this 3 day course you will gain knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety law, legislation and standards relating to working at heights and the skills required to enter and work in confined spaces in the mining, infrastructure and resource industries.
This course covers:
- Identifying, monitoring and reassessing risk control measures
- Fall arrest systems
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Planning, access and egress
- Safely performing duties
- System dismantle and pack up
- Define a confined space
- Identification Hazard and use control measure
- Use of Confined Space Entry Permit
- Risk control measure
- Stand-by person and their responsibilities
- Correct equipment for tasks
- Hierarchy of hazard control
- Rescue Plan
- Isolation procedures
This course is ideal for those seeking work within the Mining and Resource industry.
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This qualification is directly aligned with priority industry areas where jobs are today, and into the future. As part of the state government Lower fees, local skills initiative, from 1 January 2020 through to 31 December 2025 you'll only pay half the tuition fees (plus resource fee) capped at $1,200; or $400 if you're aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession. For full details see our Half price courses page.
^ You will pay half price for the course fees on the Lower fees, local skills courses, however other fees may apply such as for resources that are specifically needed for your training.
This is a targeted skill set related to the Skills Ready program, which is aimed at rebuilding our local businesses and communities with free and reduced-price training. Other skill sets can be found on our Skill sets and short courses (opens in a new tab) page.
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
Delivery locations and study options
Karratha Campus - 13 - 15 June, 2023
|When||13 - 15 June, 2023|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.