Make a real difference in peoples' lives.
The Diploma of Community Services provides participants with the skills to develop, implement and evaluate programs, secure and manage funding, case-manage clients in a community services setting, and lead a community services team. This course can be completed in three sections - program development, case management, and team leadership - and is an affordable entry pathway into tertiary study in an approved Social Work degree.
As part of this qualification, participants will undertake a supervised 100 hours of work placement in order to apply the skills and knowledge learnt. A federal police clearance and Working with Children Check are required prior to placement.
Graduates are able to work in aged care homes, youth shelters, State Government Family and Community Service Agencies, youth centres, aboriginal communities, community centres and local councils.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Other job titles may include:
- Welfare worker
- Youth worker
- Developmental worker
- Home care worker
- Family carer
- Nursing assistant
Estimated course fee
Estimated concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.