Learn how to provide entry level support and basic client care for a range of roles within the aged care and disability support sectors!
The Entry into Care Roles Skill Set runs 3 days a week for 3 weeks. This course is suited for individuals who use introductory care practices to support fully qualified carers within an aged care or disability support environment. The support provided in client care will be predominantly non-direct.
You will learn how to:
- organise, provide and monitor support services for individuals
- develop safe work practices when providing direct client care
- understand compliance with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- ensure health and safety and the safety of others in your work environment.
Once you are enrolled your lecturer will be in contact with you prior to starting the scheduled course.
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
Delivery locations and study options
Broome Campus - 30 October - 15 November, 2023
|When||30 October - 15 November, 2023|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.