Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Get job ready and learn how to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
The Forklift Skill Set is a three-day course comprised of theory and practical activities where you will learn how to operate a forklift safely and efficiently in accordance with all relevant legislative requirements.
Undertaking theory and practical activities, participants will be guided through the operation of a forklift, ensuring:
- Risk control measures are implemented
- Traffic management is carried out in accordance with workplace procedures
- Pre-start and operational checks are completed
- Loads are monitored correctly
- Shutdown procedures are carried out
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and Notice of Assessment. NR TAFE
will submit an Application for High Risk Work Licence (Class LF) on your behalf, providing all requirements* are met.
*Participants must be aged 18 years or over, and provide one primary form and one secondary form of identification,
along with a passport photo. For details, please see https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/apply-or-renew-high-risk-work-licence(opens in a new tab)
The three-day course may also be shortened with prior industry knowledge or machine experience.
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
You will need to provide the following PPE for the practical assessments:
- Hi-Vis Long sleeve shirt
- Long Pants
- Steel Cap Boots
This is a targeted skill set related to the Skills Ready program, which is aimed at rebuilding our local businesses and communities with free and reduced-price training. Other skill sets can be found on our Skill sets and short courses (opens in a new tab) page.
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
- Participants must be aged 18 years or over, and provide one primary form and one secondary form of identification, along with two passport photos.
- Sound verbal and written comprehension of the English language and sound mathematical skills.
- Adequate general fitness to undertake practical assessment activities
NOTE: Pre-reading may be required before commencement of this course
|Tuition fee*||Resource fee
|Incidental fee||Total fee|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.