Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Learn how to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
Participants will be guided through the operation of a forklift, ensuring:
- Risk control measures are implemented
- Traffic management is carried out in accordance with workplace procedures
- Pre-start and operational checks are completed
- Loads are monitored correctly
- Shutdown procedures are carried out
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a forklift Notice of Assessment and a Work Safe High Risk Work Licence.
- Participants must be aged 18 years or over, and provide one primary form and one secondary form of identification, along with two passport photos.
- Participants are required to wear a high visibility shirt and steel cap boots during the course.
- Pre-reading may be required before commencement of this course
* If participants are working in the civil construction industry or have previous experience documented in a logbook prior to undertaking this training, a fast track process may be available. Please talk to your local lecturer.
Course fees include provision for your licence application fee to Worksafe to obtain the relevant High Risk Work Licence (HRWL). Following a State Government announcement on 31 March 2020 of proposed COVID-19 economic relief measures, it is anticipated that legislation will be enacted to provide for discounts or waiver of HRWL licence fees for a set period. These discounts and waivers are not yet available, but are expected to be backdated where applicable. Any students or employers who are eligible for refunds will be contacted direct by Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety in due course.